Traffic Incident Management
Our innovative IoT cloud-based traffic management solution delivers the ability to monitor, report on and control traffic flow while reducing commuting time for citizens, and response times for traffic departments and municipalities.
Our innovative IoT cloud-based traffic management solution delivers the ability to monitor, report on and control traffic flow while reducing commuting time for citizens, and response times for traffic departments and municipalities. We identify, monitor, analyze and visualize relevant safety, security and operational risks, and provide real-time decision support to enable effective and safe daily operations and superior handling of emergencies, incidents and crises.
Commuting and traffic are key issues for cities looking to attract investment, retain skilled workers and generate wealth. Congestion in the European Union (EU) in and around urban areas costs nearly €100 billion, or 1% of EU GDP, annually¹. What’s more, 25 percent of traffic congestion is nonrecurring; it is caused by traffic incidents².
By improving traffic flow, reducing congestion and making roads safer, cities can lower costs and improve their livability.
The AGT-Cisco® Traffic Incident Management Solution is part of the broader Cisco Smart+Connected™ City Traffic Solution. It addresses the two most important traffic challenges facing cities today: road safety and congestion. It helps traffic departments accurately detect more incidents, early on, before they become more serious, and enables quicker response by monitoring and analyzing traffic flow data. The solution stands out in the market with two important innovations: the fusing of data from multiple sources to identify real incidents and reduce false alarms, and the integration of multiple applications into a single comprehensive solution.
The AGT-Cisco Traffic Incident Management Solution:
- Collects data from a variety of sensors and stores it for processing
- Fuses, filters and applies advanced analytics to the collected data in order to identify the most relevant information
- Visualizes the relevant information using layers to increase situational awareness
- Supports a wide variety of other integrated partner applications and analytics
- It also provides operators with the following command and control tools:
- Video: Helps validate detected traffic incidents in real time to reduce false alarms
- Situational awareness: Highlights traffic conditions and their location on a map in real time
- Incident management: Handles events over their lifecycle and shares event details with responders using mobile applications
- IoT platform modules: visualization, management, analytics and IoT sensor management
- Integrated license plate readers and microphones
- Integrated video analytics
- Intelligent IP cameras, video encoders and Cisco Video Surveillance Manager
- Ruggedized wireless access points and industrial Ethernet switches
- Core network and end-to-end IoT architecture
- Unified data center infrastructure
- Vehicle sensors, gateway and management application
The AGT-Cisco Traffic Incident Management Solution analytics and the unique concept-of-operations (CONOPS) service blend operational, technical and design expertise based on a deep understanding and breadth of experience in traffic management objectives and issues. The solution is supported by a full suite of professional services, including consulting, design, integration and implementation services, as well as training, support and maintenance.
- More efficient traffic flow
- Fewer accidents, clearer roads and improved road safety
- Cleaner environment due to reduced emissions
- Improved planning and resource allocation
- Increased attractiveness to businesses and workers
- Higher traffic situation awareness
- More effective operations
- Automated incident detection and quicker response
- Better coordination of resources
- Optimized budget
- Better commuting experience
- Shorter travel times
- Less frustration and stress due to lost time and productivity
- Lower fuel costs
1- Source: 2011 Transport White Paper, “Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area.”
2- Source: Federal Highway Administration.